Detlef Houdeau is the Senior Director for Digital Security Solution. under the Chip Card & Security ICs (Integrated Circuits) business group. As the senior director of Business Development based in Germany, Houdeau is responsible for worldwide sales, customers and partners in the ID segment. The projects include combinations of IT security, biometric systems, digital signature, infrastructure systems for issuing ID card and e-passport.
Houdeau first joined Siemens AG in 1985 as the corporate research and development in Berlin, Germany. He held several positions, like project director for fiber optic components, quality program for voltage converter, improvement program for airbags in the automotive industry, for packages in the semiconductor industry and for now for the business development in the Chip Card & Security market. Over a period of 30 years, he was posted to various sites covering Berlin, Erlangen, Munich and Regensburg in Germany. In 1999, Infineon Technologies AG was spun off from Siemens AG.
Born in Germany, Houdeau holds a Diploma in Machine Construction, focusing on micro-system technology, from the Technical University in Berlin, Germany. Promotion at the Technical University in Berlin, Germany, in 1994. He has published over 100 papers and filed 40 patents in the smart card application segment with focus on the government ID market.
Houdeau is active in the Smart Card and ID industry and participates in the following industry organizations:
• Chairman of EUROSMART, working group eID in Brussels, Belgium (www.eurosmart.com)
• Member of SILICON TRUST, London, UK (www.silicon-trust.com)
• Member of the expert committee, of the German Association for Information Technology, Telecommunications and New Media (BITKOM), Berlin, Germany (www.bitkom.de)
• Member of “Plattform Lernende Systeme”, Working Group 3 in Germany
• Chairman of the Program Committee of WORLD-eID Conference (www.smart-event.eu)
• Member of the Program Committee of OMNISECURE (www.omnisecure.berlin)
• Expert for public funding programs in the security domain from EC (e.g. FP7, HORIZON 2020)
• Member of “Plattform Industrie 4.0”, Working Group 3 in Germany